Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cookies Gift for Chinese New Year

I have been extremely busy lately due to the coming CNY. As a child, I love CNY. A child do not need to do anything, he or she just enjoy this event to the max. Non- stop supplies of snack, playing with the relative kids, collecting the CNY "ang pow". Look at my girl, she tell me "mummy, CNY is my best". Yeah...She is damn right. She have all the fun with my sisters & brother.

But as an married adults with kid, CNY means a lot of work to me. Cleaning, baking, shopping, traveling & spending lots of money..etc. Of course CNY is still a joyful event with the "extra work" mentioned above.

I have yet to complete my cookies project. I have make some cookies as gift to friends & relative.
At this moment, I have only make 2 types of cookies.

Let me share with you the Butter cookies recipes:
Ingredients:
100g butter
100g margarine
100g icing sugar (sifted)
1 egg white
250g AP Flour (sifted)

Method:
1) Combine butter, margarine & icing sugar until well blended. Stir in Egg white. Fold in the flour to form a dough mixture.
2) Fill the dough to a piping bag with a flower shape nozzle. Pipe it into flower shape on the baking tray & garnish with diced cherries.
3) Alternatively, use red coloring mix with some dough to pipe the "red" decorative cherries.
4) Bake in a preheated oven at 170C for 10 mins.

Tips:Do not over creamed the butter mixture too long as the shape of the baked cookies will not appear clearly.
Tips: You can also add 30g-50g of sesame seed to make it sesame butter cookies.





Below is a super easy No Bake Cornflakes Cookies.
Ingredients:
250g Chocolate (I prefer dark)
85g Cornflakes
40g Roasted Nibbled Almond
Some colorful decorative sugar
Some small little cookies cups

Method:
1) Melt Chocolate over a double boiler over a pot of simmer hot water.
2) Add in the cornflakes & roasted nibble almonds & mix it well.
3) Place a spoonful of the mixture into the small little cookies cups.
4) Decorate with the colorful decorative sugar.
5) Let is set naturally or refrigerate for 5 mins.
6) Packed nicely & share with your friends.

Enjoy.




0 comments: