Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Kitchen Helper


I do not have a maid. My kitchen helper is mainly heavy duty kitchen equipment. Most of the time I would like to get the "industrial" grade tools for my kitchen. 1st- it is durable, of course it is not cheap. 2nd- it is reliable, just like any others tools in the professional baker kitchen. It got to be heavy duty to handle my "abuse" usage. Can you imagine that my Fagor oven (higher range) break down & need replacement? Initially I was thinking of replacing it with a German brand mini industry oven. You can make 8 pizza in one go in this oven. Unfortunately, I do not have space for that ( I am not staying in a landed house). Nowadays I even have to restrict myself from buying more tools because I seriously do not have any space to store.

My main & most important kitchen helper is the MIXER. Without this, I can't make the bread.
This machine is definitely good for making bread, it can handle up to approx 1.2-1.5kg of dough. It helps me to "cheat" because I do need to knead the bread so long. If I feel tired or run out of time, then i will get his help. Sometimes, if I am in the mood, the I will handmade the dough 100%. It is fun.

Here is some of the bread that I have made using this machine.

Doughnut: It is too delicious to indulge. We ate 10ea immediately when it is cooked.



















Chewy sesame bread sticks:
















Seeded whole meal bread:

















0 comments: