Monday, March 29, 2010

Fresh Ingrediants

Well, sometime I was thinking manage a blog is not an easy task. You got to write something interesting or get some new ideas to share with friends or readers. I treated my blog as a food diary & share anything related to my interest in culinary or baking.To me, cooking or baking is some sort of like a therapy. It really help me to de-stress after a week hard work.

Today I am going to talk about fresh ingredients. Do you know what make a simple treat so special? The secret is the fresh ingredient you used in your cooking. Sometimes, you might not be able to imagine that the simplest treats tasted the best. Let's me give you an example, bread made with fresh milled flour is the best. Lightly toasted with real butter & fruit jam. Biscotti dipped in a cup a espresso (if you don't mind- you can add a scoop of ice-cream). A simple fresh baked brownie with walnuts. A pizza with simple topping - tomato, basil & cheese. Steam fish with only salt & pepper. Steam fresh fish with asam pedas.I really enjoy such simple treats.
Sometimes, I think it is a luxury to have access to fresh ingredients. In Malaysia, you can get the best dry anchovies from Pangkor Island. After deep fried it, you can add it to vegetables or porridge or nasi lemak. The good things about this anchovies are they are not too salty. They are really fresh.

Fried anchovies:

Fried anchovies on Nasi Lemak (rice cooked in coconut milk)Fried anchovies on vegetables give the crunch.

I was so lucky the other days. The Korean government are doing a promotion on the fresh raw ginseng which is very good for health. I have bought half a kg of those raw ginseng aged 4 years olds. Can't wait to use it in my Korean Ginseng Chicken soup.

0 comments: