Monday, March 15, 2010

Lost Child

Last Sunday, we were in a shopping mall, my hubby spotted a child crying in the crowd, calling for mummy. Without 2nd thought, I went after the child immediately. It is a 5 years old gal, same age with my gal. I grab hold of her & tell her that I will help her to look for her mummy. At the same time, another lady was also trying to catch hold of her. At that point of time, I sound like a bloody con women. That is because every time I tell my gal, pls do not believe in any aunty/uncles telling you that she/he will bring her to mummy. Even though, this is not my child, I really hope that she will get back to her mummy. Human trafficking is not unusual in this country. The pain of losing a child is unbearable. Parents really have to keep their eyes on their kids. Do you know that it is not that hard to persuade a child to follow a stranger....?

She just couldn't stop crying. It is so crowded & she got disoriented & wondering around in the crowd. In the mean time, I think others parents among the crowd also noticed what is going on & showing me the direction (pointing) to the security counter. Then, on the way to the security counter, we met with her parents. They are so anxious. You know what? We stay in the same condominium...no wonder the child looks so familiar. I often see them playing in the playground.

Pls keep an eye on your children. It was a great lesson to my child, she must hold daddy mummy hand when we are shopping. If my hand are full, she must hold my cling bag or my shirt. I can feel her pressure while she is pulling my bag/shirt. I confessed I am very paranoid on child safety. Do you know that the child parent was in the north court, while the child is wondering to the south court direction.........Never let your eye off your child.

0 comments: