Friday, April 18, 2014

Stir Fry Hokkien Black Noodle Malaysian Style

I always missed the food that bring back the old memories. It just feel so good & warm when thought of  the great time when we spends so much time sharing street food with all the siblings. Now that I have my own family, I would also like to create great memories for my kids. Believe me, it always starts from the kitchen. I noticed young children always like noodles. That is the first food they crave before starts to eat rice.

Ingredients:
600g Fresh Hokkien Noodles
150g Lean Meat cut into strips
150g Prawn (I did not use & replace with sliced fish cakes)
100g Pork Liver ( this ingredient make a huge different in this dish, very old school)
200g Choy Sum ( some additional cabbage & bean sprout is fine too)
3 cloves of minced Garlic
1 tsp spoon of Grated Dried Flat Fish Powder  (左口鱼-optional if you don't have)

Sauces:
3 tbsp Soya Sauces
1-2 tbsp Dark Soya Sauces ( I like my noodles dark)
Pinch of Pepper
400-500ml of Chicken Broth (can replace with plain water with 1 tsp of chicken stocks)

Method:
1) Heat 2 -3 tbsp of oil &  fry garlic.
2) Add in lean meat, prawn, pork liver & stir fry.
3) Add in all the sauces & let it simmer.
4) Add in noodles & continue stir fry. Do not put lid on.
5) When the noodles is almost going to dry up, add in the choy sum & stir fry. The vegetable is going to cook in just 1-2 mins.
6) Just before switch off the fire, add in the grated dried flat fish powder.

Enjoy!


0 comments: