Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pork Marinated in Gochujang

I love to explode food from different country or culture. It is so amazing that food can connect human beings & help us to understand different culture. Living in Asia in the 21st century is great because we have access to lots of vibrant & amazing Asian food.

The main reasons I enjoyed Korean food are:
- Healthy (e.g. you can wrap the below dish with better head, lettuce or iceberg)
- Less oily
- Pack with flavors


Let's start with the marinade:
2 cloves of Garlic
1 cm Ginger
2 tbsp Gochujang
1 tbsp Mirin
1tsp sesame oil
salt
a little corn starch
Spring onion (chopped finely)
a little pepper & corn starch

Method:
I find it is better to grind all the material above into fine paste to avoid burn.
I didn't because I am too lazy to wash the blender but I did grind the garlic clove manually using the little plate. Don't be like me ;P


In the sliced meat, I use pork.
You can cut any meat in to cube or slices. Since I am in a rush & hungry, I sliced it.
It cooks faster.
Marinate for 20 mins while cooking the rice.

Lightly coat a frying pan, grill it until it is cooked.
Garnish with some spring onion or toasted sesame seeds for nice presentation.

Enjoy.

0 comments: