Sunday, August 1, 2010

Stir-Fried KimChi & Rice


Stir Fried Kimchi & rice is probably the easiest Korean dishes. It is really comforting to have a bowl of Kimchi fried rice when you do not know what to eat. I love cooking & it is fun. But sometimes, I do reach the bottleneck on "Hey,...what am I going to cook today....?". Then, my hubby will give me a standard reply; " I will eat whatever you cook.". I don't kinda like this reply though because he is not helping me to make decision.

Simple recipes:
2tbsp oil
1tsp chili powder (preferably Korean, can put more if you like spicy)
Handful of kimchi (depends on your liking)
1 cup of sticky rice ( I use white rice cuz haven't replenish my inventory)
half a green bell pepper (chopped)
half a red bell pepper(optional)
onion
Prawn (optional)
1 tsp sesame oil

Spring onion, more kimchi, toasted sesame seeds, fried eggs for garnish

Method:
1) Mix the prawn with the chili powder.


2) Heat oil, in the prawn with chili powder,stir fry until the prawn is cooked.
3) Add cooked cooled rice, in the kimchi, all the bell pepper, sesame oil. stir fry for 5 mins.
4) Retain some of the kimchi juice & add into the fried rice- about 2 tbsp of the juice.
5) Garnish with spring onion, kimchi, toasted sesame seeds or shredded eggs.

p/s - since I am not using the sticky rice to make this fried rice, honestly, it looks like a Chinese version of Kimchi. If you really want an authentic Korean fried rice, pls stick to the original recipes.


I did not cooked a very spicy fried rice this time because my 6 years old can't take the spiciness too much.

0 comments: