Saturday, October 23, 2010

Homemade Birthday Cake

It has been always busy with my kid, work & family. I have to admit it is not entirely easy to juggle between those. Honestly, I wish I could update my blog more often. Nonetheless, a promise is a promise. Since I have already promised her that I will make a birthday cake for her. I will make it. I even took a leave from work to make this cake for my 6 years old birthday.

We have agreed on the design. I need my 'client' approval. Then, we bought all the materials from the ingredient shop & make everything from scratch (except the marzipan/fondant- a dough like sugar paste). In fact, you can make your own fondant. But, that consume way too much time. I purposely design this cake to be assembled in the simplest way.


1st- I baked a lemon butter cake , sliced into two & sandwich it with the royal icing. (yummy)
2nd- Roll the fondant & cover the whole cake.
3rd- Prepare all the small flower- Pink & Blue.
4th- Make a rose & 2 leaves & a pink ribbon.
5th- Assemble & stick everything using the royal icing.

You can also noticed that the cake is in 'dome' shape. Yes, you are right....it is too tedious for me to flat it, I decided to leave it naturally & the end result looks good.

My kid also telling me that....don't forget next year she want a princess cake. I am smart this time.."hm......let mama think about it......hehehehe"

0 comments: