Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cranberry Scone


Cranberry Scone. Believe me, anyone can bake super delicious cranberries. I did most of my baking during weekends & it is meant for Saturday / Sunday afternoon tea. My family enjoy afternoon tea so much especially my kid. She loves scones with fruit jam & butter.
Hm....so rich in taste & full of flavor.

Good pastry always made of good ingredients. Get the best natural dried cranberries. I have got this pack of cranberries from Sabrina. It was from Canada & taste fantastic.


Prepare the few dry ingredients in a bowl.
Scone Recipies:
250g AP flour
60g Sugar
2.5 tsp baking powder
0.25 tsp salt
70g cold butter
60g dried dried cranberries
2 oranges peel
170 ml milk
2 oranges peel
Prepare all ingredients in advance because we need to work quickly.

Method:
Preheat oven at 200 degree C.
In a large bowl, whish together flour, sugar, b.powder & salt. Cut the cold butter into small pieces with pastry blender into the flour mixture or 2 hands. I get my daughter helps. It will became coarse crumbs. Gently stir in the cranberries & orange peel. Add milk until just combine. DO NOT over mix. Transfer to a lightly floured surface & form the dough into a patties & cut it with round shape mold. Brush with some milk. Bake for 15-20 mins until light brown.

0 comments: