Sunday, August 2, 2009

To ice a cake.....




"Wow!~, how could they ice the cake so nicely." That is what I tell myself whenever I see a baker icing a cake. I have been into cake decorating lately due to the cupcake thingy. Decorating cakes is fun. So, last week I have challenged myself to ice a strawberry sponge cake.

Well, you can see it from the pictures for the final presentation.
1st lesson to be learned; practice make perfect. That is why the bakers can ice the cake beautifully.
Beautiful cake looks very appealing & appetizing.
2nd lesson, it is OKAY for home baker to ice the cake in a more rustic way. Don't worry even if it is not perfect. Everyone is going to eat it anyway. Just make sure that the "cake" taste great.

Just eat it as long as it tastes good. If it can looks better, that is a bonus. Ganbatte......home bakers.

0 comments: