Saturday, April 10, 2010

Korean Kimchi Omelet / Fried Eggs



Now it is time for me to use the homemade kimchi to create some new dishes. I found that kimchi pancake is very interesting. Once I had dined in a Korean restaurant & they serve the pancake last as a complementary "dessert". I like the taste of kimchi pancake. It is so different from the 6 tastes: sweet, sour, bitter, spicy, saltiness & umami. Well, it is kind of difficult to elaborate in words. The best way to taste it is to eat it.

For vegetarian who include eggs in their diet, can try this recipes. I am using the vegetarian sausages. Even my 6 years old love this omelet & she is so adventurous in testing new food or new ingredients.


Ingredients:
Handful of left over vegetarian sausages ( any sausages, cooked & diced)
1 onion
1 garlic
1 chili
3 eggs (beat it)
Handful of Kimchi ( drain the water & diced the fermented vegetable into small pcs)


Method
1) Heat oil in a wok.
2) Stir fry the onion, garlic & chili.
3) Pour in the eggs mixture.
4) Top the omelet with the diced kimchi & flip the eggs mixture over to cook it thoroughly.
5) Serve with a bowl of white rice.

Simply delicious~

0 comments: