Saturday, May 29, 2010

Carbs Freak

Who hasn't been tempted by no-carb diets? It seem to work, and it yield results quickly. But what about those of us who can't part with bread, steaming rice, noodles or pastry? I don't know about you, but I'm not willing to give up all that good, nutritious carbs. Sometimes, I even indulge in some of the not so healthy carbs- especially pastry (e.g. brownies/ chocolate cake). Moderation is always the key factor to maintain a healthy body & minds.

Breads and cereals can add fiber to your diet and give you energy to keep going! We all need those benefits! I love my bread- Ciabatta is good for sandwiches.
I've learned that you can eat carbs and still lose weight. You just need to make good choices and watch your portion sizes. Here are some healthy carbs for you to experiment with: whole-grain bread, whole wheat durum pasta,whole-grain cereal, barley, quinoa, brown rice, brown rice noodles, oatmeal, potatoes, popcorn, any type of sprouted grains. Grains are good stuff. The Japanese, Chinese & Korean love their grains. It is their main staple. My favorite fried rice with home made Kimchi. So delicious even my 6 years old love them. Kimchi are spicy but she love it.


Porridge are light meal that suitable for weight watcher. A healthier version is to cook multigrain porridge. The Cantonese (Chinese) love porridges. For multigrain porridge, pls soak the grains for 2-3 hours before cooking it. Mine is using the white rice. I love the smoothness of white porridge.


Italian love their pasta & pizza. Scandinavian love their rye. French & European love their bread. To me :Carbs are great!

0 comments: