Tuesday, October 20, 2009

English Fruity Scone







The British should be proud of scones. By far, that is the most sinful & delicious dessert for tea time. Aha….especially with a cup of English Tea. Normally the local bakery will sell round shape scones, but I like to make my scones squares. Eg, the infamous Cameron Highland Old Smoke House round plain cream scones with the Devonshire cream, butter & strawberry jam. These scones are made with good quality raisin & butter. Remember, good quality ingredients will make the best pastry. The secret to make a good scone is, do not over mix the dough. The best way to control dough is to mix it by hand. Rub in the butter by hand. Feel it. Handmade pastry is the most delicious. The scones turned out so delicious & I was so excited to tell my buddy Sabrina to come over to sample it. I am so glad that she did drop by. Remember, good food must share with good friends ;>.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The aroma is so good until I can't wait to taste it. I love it...