Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lemon Fairy Cake






Fairy cake is actually a British term for cupcakes. The frosting for fairy cake is slightly different from the America cupcakes. It is less icing sugar with more butter, no milk.

What I like about this Lemon Fairy Cake is they are so easy to make yet so delicious..tangy. My hubby even says, this taste like the fairy cake in the 80s made by the grandma. This is not the 1st time I got this comment. Sometimes ago, I shared some cakes with my friend, she brought home & his son thought that was baked by a very old or aged grandma....And that was me, I am not that old yet.....


For delicious recipes: Pls refer to
http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/276270/Rachel-Allen-s-lemon-cupcakes

Anyway, I also did some experiment. I poke some fresh California black raisin into the batter before baking it. It turns out fantastic. Each of us pop one cake into our mouth after it rest for about 30 mins .How I wish I have some fresh strawberry, blueberry or raspberry on hand..

0 comments: