Monday, November 16, 2009

Simplified Korean Bibimbap


Oh...I got to confess that I am a real foodies. I love culinary adventures in different countries; I would eat anything except the weirdo stuff eg, cockroaches, tiger meat, whale meat....etc. hm..........I guess not everything huh?....ehhehehe

Korean Bibimbap looks very similar to a Hakka Lui Cha. There is a lot of side dishes top on the rice. You can buy the ready made Korean side dishes from the shelf or make your own. There are plenty of choices. It is all up to you.

I make mine with:
Korean Seaweed Salad (Korean seaweed, sesame oil & toasted sesame)
Fried egg
Fried Crispy Ikan Bilis (buy good quality fresh ikan bilis from Pangkor, not the very salty type)
Pickled Cucumber (Kimchi sytle)
Vegetables ( green vege, bean sprout, carrot)

For richer flavors: you can stir fry shredded pork or beef with Korean Spicy Miso.
Normally, I will just stir fry the shredded pork with onion for a cozy Sunday lunch.

Simple but unbelievable delicious.

0 comments: