Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sesame Sourdough Bread






Frankly speaking, I am addicted to bread after I started to bake my own bread. Well, put it this way, I am addicted to carbohydrate. Be it rice, wheat, bread, pasta, noodles, kuih muih, pastry, potato......etc. I can live without meat but not without those carbo. I always believe that one can enjoy delicious food & stay healthy at the same time. That's is why portion control is very important so that you do not over eat & put on weight unnecessary. Just do not over indulge.

Last week my baking project is to make sesame sourdough bread (organic sesame seeds, rye flour, wholemeal flour & bread flour). I noticed one thing about sourdough bread, it is really packed with flavors. Thank goodness, the fermented sourdough yeast strains is giving my bread great texture. Love it.

Since there is some left over of the dough. *Blink Blink*....I used it as a pizza base, it just turn out fantastic as usual. The pizza was slightly over baked because I was multitasking in the kitchen & forgot about the time. Nonetheless, it was still good with a slight charred topping. 3 of us gobble up the 2 pizza in less than 15 mins....... ehehhehehe........


0 comments: