Thursday, December 3, 2009

Stir Fry Udon II

I finally found some time to update my blog. Recently, I was really busy with work & family. We just came back from Penang & Cameron Highland. My kid got the first taste of Penang street food & she had fun plucking the strawberry etc. We really enjoyed “shopping” in Cameron Highland. My hubby asks: what type of shopping in Cameron highland? It was the yummy corn, fresh veggies, jam & strawberry. I over bought the veggies & end up eating lots of veggies for the whole week. It was not that bad.

Well, let’s talk about food & let’s write about food. It helps me to de-stress.

Last Saturday, I was feeling too lazy to cook & stir fried udon was a good idea. For cooking, I normally will do the “free style” cooking; I do not really like to follow any particular recipes especially for Chinese food. Just “agak –agak” will do. Most of the time, it turns out fine. Practice make perfect. However, when come to baking, you must follow the recipes like a text book.

Ingrediants:

3 packet of Udon for 3 persons

Overnight/surplus roast pork (siu yuk)

Red & green bell pepper

Red onion

Eggs

Spring onion

Choi sum

Ginger

Sauce mixture: water, soya sauce, oyster sauce, a little bit of sugar, Chinese wine, sesame oil, a little bit of chicken cube/powder.

Method: This was all done in a single wok.

Fry ginger, add red onion, add siu yuk, add bell pepper, add udon, add eggs, add sauce mixture, put the choi sum on top of the udon, at this point, you do not need to stir, just cover it with lid. When time up for the udon to cook through, just sprinkle the spring onion on top, off the fire. Serve & enjoy.

0 comments: