Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pat's Kids Cooking Party

Somewhat during 2010 Chinese New Year, a friend asked if we would arrange a cooking class for her kid cum a mini children party, like bake your own party. Lest the chicken nugget, (and Vitagen of course), the salad, baked carrot and pizza is the result of the baking lesson.


Actually, I am encouraging my friend to try out some of the tested recipes posted in this blog.
http://fabulouscake.blogspot.com/2010/01/baked-sausages-baked-carrot.html


The super easy lemon dressing (refer below link):
http://fabulouscake.blogspot.com/2009/10/cherry-tomato-salad.html

Well, the salad is lovely, but I guess the kids only finish the salad as their last choice. I have noticed that kids nowadays don't really like to eat vegetables. They would prefer meat over vegetables. Therefore, we should encourage them to eat a balance diet with more vegetables.


Here is the classic Hawaian Chicken pizza, not the usual cut, but when serving food to children, one need to remember the food portion that a children can take. The pizza running out fast. The children finish the 1st pizza before the 2nd pizza is ready. Btw, we don't really need a pizza cutter. A wooden cutting board & a sharp knife is the best method to cut the pizza-> fast!
Recipes refer link:
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pizza-recipes/pizza-dough


Here is something for the parents, something pretty cocktail like, smoked salmon on pizza. I love this. Not so fatty =P. Besides, it looks pretty too.
I like this plate. Pat got some really beautiful plates & tools. I love the cupboards- she can stuff lots of pots, pans, plates, wine, liquor etc......It is so spacious. She has an island in her dry kitchen. How I wish I could have one. Forget about it. I need to stay in a semi-D in order to have that lovely kitchen. But, I prefer to stay in a condo when it is cleaning time. Can I have both? ;P
Here is another for the adults, garlic bread on a pizza dough, while the children don't mind the calories of cheese, we parents do, hence, garlic spread (garlic, olive oil and some fresh garden herbs that is freshly grown from our condo balcony) on pizza dough.
Knead, knead and knead, children love it,..... for the first 5 (no, it was the first 3) minutes. Hahah.......Yeah....we are tired but we have fun too.


0 comments: