Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Healthy Bread - Carrot & Multigrain





I love bread. It is very convenient to eat bread in the morning as breakfast. Butter or jam or kaya spread on the bread is on the go for my weekdays morning. Asian love soft bread. Normally I would prefer hard bread. But occasionally I miss the soft bread too.

A more healthier soft bread will be the multigrain bread - flaxseed, sesame, millet, oat, raisin, walnut, etc......any nuts baked in a soft bread dough. Even though it is a soft bread, the texture of the bread is kinda heavy because it is full of nuts.
It is already good on its own. Toasted multigrain bread slice with butter spread goes well too.

There is another type of soft bread that I like. I always have the crave to make this hearty carrot bread. There is a bit more work because i have to juice the carrot.I use only Australia carrot. The colour does looks better (more orange) & the taste is better too. I like toast carrot bread with butter. It is a perfect match. Very healthy & light.

0 comments: