Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Kid Birthday Cake




Finally, I have decided to make a simple sponge cake for my girl birthday. She told me she would like to have a flower theme cake that looks like the "Bunny" birthday ( one of the Dibo carton character in Disney Channel). Bunny loves all things in pink. Fine.

I was so busy in the Saturday morning to visit three different ingredient shops. This is because some of the items I wanted to buy is out of stocks. So, ended up being a flying stars running up & down in PJ.

This is the 1st time I learn to pipe flower with fresh cream icing. The icing is very light & easier to pipe according to the books. However, while I was icing the cake & the flower, the fresh cream starts smearing due to the warm room temperature on Saturday night. Oh my goodness, it was so messy. You can see that the icing on the cake is soft & starts "melting". I was really worried & work quickly on the icing.

Ta-Da....This is the outcome. It could be nicer if the fresh cream icing can hold the shape better. So, now I understand why there is a need to build air-cond in the dry kitchen area. It is necessity because tropical country temperature is warm & icing can work better if the environment is cooler.

0 comments: