Friday, September 4, 2009

Iced Orange Cake





One of my oven was not functioning & I was pretty upset about it.
I confessed there are 2 ovens in my kitchen. Thank to my hubby, it was finally fixed yesterday. I am so pleased. Then, I took up this opportunity to bake a very nice cake to celebrate the "re-birth" of my oven. Nah...nah...just an excuse to bake.....hehehhe

This is a very nice orange cake. Personally, I do enjoy eating tea cake. It is so good with a cup of tea or coffee. I have used 2 oranges zest in this cake. While I was baking the cake, my dotter keep telling me that it smells so good & she demand to have a pcs of the cake at 9.30PM.

It has a crispy sugary top. Drizzle with some icing made of oranges juices. Fruity, moist & yummy. It is so good that 3 of us "sapu" 1/4 of the cake by almost 10 P.M. We love this fruity citrus-y orange cake so much. Felt so guilty & I received a "danger" message from my body: "watch your waist line....."

0 comments: