Monday, September 21, 2009

Low Fat Banana Bread & Chocolate Cake in Freezer




When it is weekend, it is time to bake up a storm in my kitchen. Furthermore, it is a long weekend – sat, sun with additional 2 public holidays (Hari Raya). I have all the reason to bakes…hehehe. I just ran out of cake supply. Most of the time, I will store the “extras” cakes in the freezer, and then re-heat it when I need it. I will need to replenish my cake supply because it is long holidays & my gal will need to snack on it on tea time. I do not buy unhealthy junk food for her; therefore, she will need these sweet treats. Kids do need some sort of “junk” food sometimes, it is just that, as a parent, we should choose a healthier options. Examples, organic raisin, Japanese rice cracker (those really plain one), some seaweed, organic oat cookies (homemade), dark chocolate, organic soy ice cream, bread sticks, jelly (homemade), yogurt, enzyme fruit juice (homemade) or fresh fruit juice. Children just need those.
For your information, you can store the “extras” bread & cake in the freezer for at least one month. I got no choice but to store in the freezer because all of my bake goods do not have preservation. Otherwise, it will not last more than 3 days. If I am really confidence that I can finish the cake within a week time, then I will keep it in the refrigerator (2’C-3’C). Otherwise, they will be in the freezer.
I have decided to make a loaf of low fat banana bread & a loaf of chocolate butter cake as per my little princess request. She loves chocolate. In that case, everyone will be happy. Low fat for mummy & daddy. Tasty & rich chocolate cake for her. The “extras” will be kept in the freezer.

0 comments: