Friday, October 16, 2009

America on a Plate I






I love cooking but sometimes I do love to dine in a restaurant. Recently I found one new restaurant which sell American Midwest cuisine, the restaurant is pretty straight forward.

For the uninitiated, US is a huge country, and west can be divided into Mid West and South West, and both region offers cuisine that differs in terms of style and taste. You might know of Texas, but that is South West, which have some influence of Mexican style.

Okay back to the Betty's kitchen, the signboard said Mid West, hence, this definitely deserves some investigation. For this round (round 1), I ordered (refer to pics) the cheese burger, juicy pork chop & pig blanket ( sausage with bacon). The cheese burger came with costs about rm15.5, which is a brilliant deal considering KFC dinner plate would cost rm 11.95 (+ 5% tax), on top of it, the burger is old school, minced and grilled, with a combination of pork and beef, neither will you get such combo from McD, BK or Carls Jr.

As per the pork chop, it came with caramalised apple and peas. The pork is juicy and chewy, while some prefers it to be tender, but chewy is good, that gives you the satisfaction of chowing it hard, taste wise, it is truly American, and the caramelised apple definitely makes feel like you are somewhere in Iowa or Minesota.

Last of all, is the pig blanket, you might find it look simple, i.e. bacon wrapped sausage, rest assure that the taste speaks for itself, the bacon is packed with the smoky flavor that truly symbolise the all American grill. Try if you will with bacon that you would get from Jusco, you just won't get the same flavor (I knew I tried).

In short, claiming to be Mid West flavor, this eatery really lives up to the claim, and rest assure that, for myself, there will be round 2 (I did mention round 1 when I started the review right?)

0 comments: