Thursday, October 22, 2009

America on the Plate 2





This is round 2, as there is only so much I can fill into my tummy (lest it looks like a melon soon), I decided to get my colleagues to try out Betty Midwest Kitchen (BMK) while getting a partial review on other items on the menu.
For this round, my colleagues and myself ordered a truly interesting item, pull burger and sloppy Joe. Both of these items are truly interesting because it offers very little clue what is it about, okay start off with pull burger, you might have seen minced meat patties, but have you seen a burger patty made with meat that is “pulled”? Base on what is presented; the meat is actually pulled or shredded from a larger chunk. In theory, it should have a different effect, just like the pork chop that is mashed with the mallet.

You can definitely expect the flavor to be richer, and to have a better texture, as what the Chinese would say, a good chewing feel, i.e. The joy of having a piece of food between the teeth.
Next is Sloppy Joe, well it is actually a minced meat stew that is served with a toasted bun and fries. Again, the minced meat stew carries a unique taste of Mid West, which is marinated and matched with spices that is totally not Malaysian style, Thai style, Indian style or Vietnam style,…. Just Mid West style. For this dish, you can either spread the minced meat on the toasted bun and eat it like a burger, or dip the toasted bun into the stew, either way; it is very much of American style.
Okay, this is round 2, rest assure, there will be more rounds, to my satisfaction, and half of the menu must be tested or reviewed.

I have to confessed there was a round 3, I went with my colleague. We have tasted the baby pork ribs & the country fried chicken. Personally, I prefer the pork ribs.


This was a round 4, I had the juicy roast Boston Butt in beer. This dishes really impressed me. Juicy & moist compared to the pork chop.
Finally, it ended with a vanilla ice cream with toasted almond. My kid favorite.

0 comments: