Monday, October 12, 2009

Tiramisu Cupcakes (Baking Class with Sabrina)






Last Saturday I was really busy conducting a “baking class”. My buddy Sabrina is coming over to my kitchen to learn how to bake tiramisu cupcakes, chocolate cheese cake & durian cake. We spent about 4 hours in the kitchen to make 3 cakes. It sound crazy but we had fun. Yeah….it was tiring but we enjoyed the baking therapy. It is good to have friends sharing the same hobby – baking, cooking & eating. Well, that is the reason why we can’t really diet strictly. Oops…………
So, I the so called “Sifu” try to teach the 3 recipes in a roll. Initially we were thinking of baking tiramisu cupcakes & chocolate cheese cake. Since we have the ingredients for making the durian cake, then we decided to bake it immediately. Luckily my kitchen can accommodate 2 people. We are quite efficient to split all the work loads including the clean up.
This is the 2nd time I am baking the tiramisu cupcakes with some modification. I have made the tiramisu frosting a little thicker than the original recipes. The frosting tasted richer & it was really delicious with a shot of Brandy. We were delighted with the “brandy-ed” tiramisu cupcakes. It tastes even better to keep the cake overnight. Our friends & neighbors who had sampled the cupcakes gave good comments. We were so glad.
Here are the pictures, aren’t they gorgeous? They are smiling at us & say “eat me”!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It is my first lesson of baking from Rachael... Really appreciate and feel thankful as she shared her secret recipe with me and teach me how to bake. The result is amazing and I felt so great... I can do it... haha, of coz with Rachael's help and guidance. I like the liquor smell mixed with the mascapone cheese. The filling and the cake, they juz match perfectly. As what Rachael said, how to lose weight with all this great food. I can't control myself, how about you? : P