Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sourdough Pizza





Pizza is probably one of the most famous Italian dishes in the whole world. This fermented sourdough pizza give a depth flavor to the pizza. I have mixed some rye flour to this pizza dough. It is basically incredibly earthy & absolutely delicious. Very often tomato is the basis of a pizza topping & mozzarella cheese is a must.
To be honest, the pizza served by the standard pizza chain is not that brilliant. I always enjoyed making these simple dishes so that I can make my favorite topping. Besides, I can control the amount of cheese on the topping. When making the pizza topping, always remember, “Less is More”. This is a thin crust pizza that my family loves. The special thing about this pizza is the slow fermentation of the sourdough gives the pizza base a good golden crust & that was absolutely delicious.

Just a bit of everything make a delicious pizza, here are my ingredients:
Meat chunks, green bell pepper, onion, organic tomato sauce, egg & mozzarella cheese.

If you prefer an oozy & runny egg, you should crack the egg on top of pizza 2 minutes just before the baking is done. I would love to have that too but unfortunately the pasteurized egg was not available at that point of time.

For beginner to learn to make pizza; I would recommend Jamie Oliver pizza dough recipes:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pizza-recipes/pizza-dough

0 comments: