Monday, October 12, 2009

Durian Cake (Baking with Sabrina)





We have made a simple durian butter cake. The tip to make a better butter cake is you must cream the sugar & butter properly. The butter will turn into pale yellow batter. This will help the cake to rise & the texture will be just right. When we were baking the cake, I could hear my neighbor’s kid shouting: “mummy, smell good~~” Yeah, it was the POWERFUL durian smell. Durian is one very strange fruits, either you will love it or hate it. Most of the local Malaysian love durian, but still I do have friends that think the durian stink. The soft custard like durian flesh is sticky & sweet. It is very suitable to make dessert.

For those who are crazy about durian will love anything made with durian. In the local market, we have pancake with durian, crepe with durian, cheese cake with durian & durian butter cakes. It is quite popular. This is also my 1st time to make a durian cake, this recipe pass the mark. The sweetness is just nice. I wish I can search for a better durian cake recipe when the durian is in season again.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the first durian cake I ever take and surprisingly it tastes well and I like it. Prior this, I quite reject and refuse to take durian cake. I dunno why, juz dun like it. But, after tat day, I totally change of my view on durian cake. My mum tasted on it and she loves it. I am sure, you will like it too, juz like me.... : )