Monday, October 5, 2009

Mei Sum Hong Kong Moon Cake





The definition of "best food" or "good food" for every one is very different. However, the "best food " in my definition is always refer to the most basic food. Do you know that, to cook the most simple food & to make it taste good is very difficult. Example, to stir fry vegetable. It is so easy to stir fry, but you need the skill to cook it just right. The same principle is applicable to bread making.

The best moon cake in my definition is : it got to be really traditional, old fashioned, the lotus must be very smooth but not oily & the sweetness must be just right. I have moon cake that stuck in my mouth or too sweet. Besides, mid autumn festival is so traditional. It always remind me of my grandma. It is a very important festival for the Chinese.By far, the very traditional Mei Sum Hong Kong moon cake is THE moon cake as per my definition. Look at the wording on the moon cake. Oh my goodness, it is so old fashioned, just remind me of the 80s or 90s.........I really got to thanks my friends in Hong Kong for sending us the lovely & nostalgic moon cake.

I have tried some very innovative or creative fusion moon cake, it taste good though it is not my cup of tea. Got to give some credit to the creative mooncake manufacturer too.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.