Monday, October 26, 2009

Bread with Fermented Dough








This bread uses mostly strong white flour & 10% organic rye flour. After long hours of fermentation (24 hours), it gave good structure to the bread (beautiful air bubble) & beautiful crust with a slight sourness. This fermented dough is lighter than polish ferment & it is really spongy (see pic). It is very suitable to be made into loaves, baguettes & bread rolls. The organic rye flour give the bread that is slightly darker looking, with a more rustic look & a lovely depth of flavor. In my case, I made make it into rolls. By the way, this bread it 100% handmade. I noticed that handmade bread can in cooperate more air into the bread which make it so much lighter. Sourdough bread sandwiches for weekday’s breakfast are just great. It tastes unbelievable great with anything. Examples: Egg sandwich: Fried eggs + sliced tomato + lecture + low fat cheddar cheese BLT sandwich: Fried crispy bacon + sliced tomato + Lecture + low fat cheddar cheese Making sourdough is more advance technique in bread making. For beginners in bread making, I would always recommend to learn the basic bread recipes. The Naked Chef Jamie Oliver has a pretty cool bread recipes which is “fool proof”. The reason why I recommend this is, it will give confident for anyone who wants to try to bake bread for the first time. Again, It will encourage you to try another bread recipe & move on & on...
Just give it a try. I have tried this bread before & it turned out pretty well for a basic bread. Besides that you can use this bread dough as a pizza base. Here is the link:http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/bread-recipes/basic-bread-recipe

P/S: These type of bread are great for toast. It is addicted. That's my cozy weekend breakfast. We built 3 tall BLT (Bacon, Lettuces, Tomato, Egg) sandwich for me, my husband & 5 years old. You won't believe that my 5 years old can gobble up such a "Huge" sandwich (compared to her size). She refused to share it with her daddy, I was worried that she ate too much. Of course, she ate very little later on for her lunch.

0 comments: