Monday, October 12, 2009

Chocolate Cheese Cake (Baking with Sabrina)




I have been making my favorite chocolate cheese cake again. We like to indulge in the smooth texture & the creamy cheese filling. This time, I have made it with a little twist. We use the intense espresso powder to replace the normal coffee powder. The cheese cake has the bold & intense coffee flavor. I knew Sabrina will enjoy this cheese cake because she loves coffee. Fine, I confess I love coffee too.

Since there are surplus ingredients: cold cream & chocolate. We made the rich chocolate frosting on top. Just use equal part of cream & chocolate. Boil the cream in a saucepan; add in the chocolate when the cream just starts bubbling. Remove from heat. Stir …..stir….stir…until all the chocolate melted..drop in a knob of butter. Cold the batter until it reaches 28 degree Celsius. Just pour on top of the cheese filling. Keep in the refrigerator until the chocolate set.

You can refer to the pictures. Yeah…I knew I should have use a white color plate & the chocolate frosting was not completely cool when I slice it. That’s because it was late, my buddy are rushing back home. She has been in my kitchen for at least 4 hours. It's OKay. I will definitely make a proper one again.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

hehe... see my hand pressing the biscuit base on the mould not... : ) first try on cheesecake and it turned up very well. The texture is so smooth and the chocolate taste... they juz melted in my mouth. Frenly speaking, it is not easy to do it without Rachael's guidance and patience... the timing, the way of holding the spectula etc... so many to learn in baking.... need time to practise.. but when you see the result of your effort, it is worthy.